Friday, April 15, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I decided to start this blog to document and share some of my photography work. It is my hope that this blog will be a tool that will help me progress as a photographer by discussion with the photographic community and if I can help any readers learn something new in the process then fantastic!

My passion in photography is flash portraiture using hotshoe flashes, but I have a great love of all photography. There is something truly special about capturing a single moment in time that can portray some of the personality and character of the subject.

My darling wife and primary model for practice was kind enough to allow me to upgrade my camera kit recently. I am a Nikon shooter and I just replaced my trusty D70s with a D7000. I currently use 3 lenses that I have collected over the past 5 years: a 14-24mm f2.8, a 50mm f1.8 and am in love with my latest lens, a 70-200 f2.8 vr2. Not quite ideal for every situation but more than adequate for my needs. On top of this of course, I have a couple of Nikon flashes and a couple of light stands and light modifiers.

Throughout the blog I plan to share my work along with explanations on how I achieved the shot and also tutorials, reviews of my favourite gear, things I've learnt and anything on the web that I think is worth sharing.

I hope you enjoy what I have to share and urge everyone to join in any discussion, share knowledge and ask questions!

Benen

No comments:

Post a Comment